The ‘home of Bob Wills’ is a Tulsa treasure.
Built in 1924 as a garage for Tulsa businessman Tate Brady, the downtown building was transformed into a ballroom in 1930 and dubbed Cain’s Dance Academy. Around that time it became the spot for Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys to play for their popular radio show— this led to the ‘home of Bob Wills’ nickname as this helped Cain’s gain attention.
After a dormant era in the 1960s Cain’s reopened in 1977 as Cain’s Ballroom and became a hot concert venue in Tulsa. Over the years musical acts like the Sex Pistols, Leon Russell, JJ Cale and Jack White played the historic venue.